Now that fall is certainly upon us, and winter is fast-approaching, our yards are covered with layers of crispy leaves in hues of red, burnt orange, kind yellow, and green, that continue to remind us of the work that inevitably lies ahead. While most of us admire this time of year, the work that is involved with leaf removal can be off-putting. Fortunately, dedicated homeowners and professional lawn care specialists have discovered and developed ideas for effective methods that can ultimately eliminate the intimidation and stress surrounding leaf removal. Continue reading to learn about some ideas for fast and effective leaf removal and lawn care.
Residential Leaf Removal Tips
Raking and leaf blowing can be an easy job for people who own smaller properties; but for those of us with large front and backyards, the amount of fallen leaves can be quite overwhelming. By hand, raking a large yard of leaves can cause back and neck strain, and take up to eight hours or more. While leaf blowing may seem easier for a job such as this, it can still be time-consuming and strenuous on the body. So how can you alleviate some of the stress involved with leaf removal and seasonal lawn care? The answer is simple; just check out the list below for common tips and advice for fast leaf removal and lawn care:
1. Continue mowing until it begins snowing regularly. The more you mow, the more the leaves are shredded and mulched with your grass clippings. Once the grass seizes to grow, then you can focus more on the fallen leaves and branches.
2. Do not wait too long to begin removing leaves. It is much easier to rake-as-you-go to remove leaves little by little, rather than waiting to do the job all at once. You will end up with an overwhelming amount of leaves and a much heavier work load. It makes the job much lighter, shorter, and easier to manage leaves little by little.
3. Use a leaf blower for dry leaves; then use a rake for wet leaves. This makes the job much easier to handle. Electric blowers are recommended over gas-powered ones.
4. Take advantage of neighborhood leaf pick-up services; or choose to shred your leaves in an electric leaf shredder. These are available at most home improvement, appliance and hardware stores.
5. Outsource help. Hire neighborhood gets or ask your children to give you a hand with all the raking and blowing. Kids love playing in leaves and the exercise is good for them.
6. Hire a local landscaping or lawn care company to do the work for you. Many companies offer seasonal coupons and specials, or discounts and flat-rate prices. They retain all the equipment and man-power necessary to remove all the leaves in your yard in as little as a few hours. This saves you time and effort. It can also save you money from having to purchase a leaf blower and shredder.
Leaf Removal in Noblesville, Indiana
For superior leaf removal services in Noblesville, Indiana and its surrounding counties, call 317-590-1842 today. We are a licensed tree care company that offers landscaping and leaf removal services as well! Our staffs are highly trained and experienced in the lawn care industry and love their jobs! We offer surprisingly affordable deals for leaf removal services and more. Visit our webpage at http://www.treeservicenoblesville.com for details about our services and company credentials. Call 317-590-1842 for a free estimate on leaf removal services in Noblesville, IN and all its surrounding cities and counties.